- Posted 07 March 2022
- Salary£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + flexible working
- DisciplineFinancial Services
We are seeking a talented individual to join this large finanial services Settlement Operations, Client Reporting team.
The purpose of the role is:
- To support and provide technical assistance to colleagues in the Financial Services business, deputising where relevant on daily duties.
- To perform daily duties as required within the department to a high standard, ensuring work is completed accurately and on time, and client requirements are always prioritised.
- Working closely with teams across the Settlement Operations function and the Investment Front Office to facilitate both day-to-day processing and ad hoc requests, remediation and resolution of queries and anomalies relating to income tax, CGT, or portfolio performance.
- To adhere to all relevant controls, regulatory guidelines, and procedures.
The role would be responsible for:
- Work alongside senior tax specialist colleague to develop and maintain own knowledge of relevant income tax and CGT rules pertaining to operational administration of clients' investment portfolios and production of annual tax packs.
- Assist Settlement Operations colleagues in the completion of daily tasks associated with CGT and Valuations, including regular liaison with Investment Front Office for requests, remediation, and query resolution.
- Log, maintain and respond to all enquiries and instructions in a timely and professional manner (telephone, e-mail, and memo)
- Ensure completion of tasks by various operational departments
- Monitor, resolve, escalate outstanding aged queries
- Provide technical advice and help to identify root causes and resolve problems pertaining to the processing and tax treatment of various transactions. In particular, to ensure correct processing of different types of internal transfer; corporation action or income distribution or identify and ensure rectification by relevant teams of anomalies in respect of client or asset static data setup.
- Calculate CGT book costs from first principles using original data sources.
- Ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard, any anomalies to be reported to your line manager within agreed timescales
- Assist with coaching and development of colleagues' technical knowledge.
- Involvement with face-to-face/virtual meetings with stakeholders & Change Analysts to discuss technical issues, creating and testing solutions
- Work with relevant stakeholders to scope requirements for IT system enhancements and procedural changes, helping ensure processes remain consistent with industry best practice and current regulatory/legislative requirements.
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant professional qualification(s) desirable e.g., CISI Investment Operations Certificate
- Corporate actions or internal transfers experience
- Settlement Operations experience gained within a financial institution, particularly within valuations and understanding their content.
- Demonstrable knowledge of investment management, including relevant terminology
- Demonstrable knowledge of the regulatory environment and how it applies to and impacts your role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages: Minimum basic level Word and intermediate level Excel i.e., pivot tables and v-lookups.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and summarise complex information in a professional and concise manner.
- Strong Interpersonal skills are essential, with the ability to communicate well both written and verbally to senior audiences and other teams/departments.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask and interpret information efficiently.
- Understanding of tax packs for clients
In return you will receive an excellent package including pension and the opportunity to work from home at least 2 days per week.