Regional Director - London
We are currently working with a prestigious Lloyds Syndicate Insurer to hire a Manager for their Underwriting Accounting Team. The team is responsible for the production and analysis of GAAP and Solvency II underwriting information. Whilst also undertaking a large amount of the Management reporting and leading process improvement and generating reporting efficiency's.
Day to day responsibilities of the role are:
- Management of the Underwriting Accounting Team and the maintenance, development, control and operation of the Group's underwriting models
- To be responsible for the production of complete, accurate and timely GAAP underwriting accounting results for actuals and forecast
- To support the FP&A team with the provision of Underwriting information, analysis, and commentary
- To manage the production and presentation of Solvency II technical provisions and to enhance the team's ability to meet growing Solvency II reporting requirements.
- To complete team performance reviews in a timely manner, providing direction for the team, setting clear objectives and priorities, providing feedback on performance and establishing clear development plans.
- To provide support to the Head of Underwriting Finance as required
The successful candidate for this position will come from the following background:
- London Insurance Market experience, specifically Lloyd's
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Detailed knowledge of insurance accounting. i.e. premium recognition, earnings methodologies, claims breakdowns, commission recognition and reinsurance accounting
- Some managerial experience
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a great team and offers real growth opportunities in the future. If you feel that you have the required experience then please apply today.