Business Director - Insurance
Our client is seeking to employ a Vice President within our insurance practice to join a diverse team of professionals dedicated to providing the best service to their clients.
The Vice President will be responsible for leading the insurance service team and managing timely results of insurance oriented products and services for a portfolio of Captive and Reinsurance accounts. They will support the team with any technical re/insurance and claims issues that arise and will also be a relationship lead on captive and reinsurance accounts thereby encouraging positive relationships with clients, representatives, and regulatory agencies.
- Responsibility for the re/insurance/underwriting functions for a portfolio of Captive, ILS, and P&C Commercial Reinsurance entities (including the Aon White Rock business)
- Talent management including mentoring, developing, and coaching junior colleagues to meet client needs and maintain the necessary expertise
- Assume Insurance Officer & Relationship Leader responsibility for various client accounts and assume Captive Director positions on clients' boards as requested
- Participate and lead client value creation discussions including articulation of AIM's value proposition to Captive, ILS, and P&C Commercial Reinsurance entities
- Develop risk and insurance programs and structures for client accounts, working directly with and presenting to clients
- Develop and lead group-wide risk and insurance initiatives at a local and global level to increase the performance of the business
- Perform a claims operational role including maintaining claims trackers, investigation, negotiation, reporting and settlement, liaising with clients, adjusters and reinsurers on technical claims matters
- Be responsible for underwriting and claims system development and integration in coordination with global and local project teams
- Support new client origination activity, particularly as it relates to insurance & potential consulting activities
Skills and experience required.
- ACII, CPCU or equivalent - highly desirable
- Successful track record of developing risk and insurance programs and structures for large national and multinational businesses including Fortune 500 companies and start up entities
- A comprehensive understanding of the Bermuda regulatory framework and the re/insurance market, including Segregated Accounts Companies
- Sound technical knowledge of all major commercial classes of insurance and reinsurance including captive facilities
- A strong customer service track record showing diligent dedication to meeting tight target dates, that may sometimes require working outside normal working hours
- Strong digital literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office Software; proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A solid understanding of SICS reinsurance system would be advantageous
- Ability to represent the Company at internal and external functions as part of a dynamic, forward thinking, growth mindset practice
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.