Our client, based in London, are looking for an experienced claims professional to join their team to specialise in both product recall and political risk claims.
The main responsibility for the role is managing all aspects of the claims adjudication process, providing management and clients with an efficient and effective claims service. The team also deal with other niche claims which you may also have the opportunity to handle.
- Acting within an agreed claims handling authority and upholding the departmental objectives.
- Receiving and acting upon first notifications and updates, determining coverage.
- Taking a fair and proportionate approach towards policy holders
- Agreeing valid claims
- Establishing and maintaining reserves
- Carrying out negotiations with brokers, face to face when required
- Handling claims electronically predominately via ECF and DocoSoft
- Managing third party experts
- Representing the syndicate at market meetings
- Attending client meetings
- Maintaining compliance with internal and external risk controls and regulatory requirements
- Supervising and monitoring organisations where the syndicate has delegated claims authority
- Notifying and reporting claims notifications to underwriters and senior management where necessary
- Handling litigated cases in relevant jurisdictions
- Completing statics, SDRs, diary and other ancillary tasks to a high standard
To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate will have had exposure to either product recall, political risk claims, however candidates who have handled marine and energy classes will also be considered.
Strong relationship skills and the confidence to be in a market facing role are essential.
A mix of home/office working is available for this role.
Please get in touch for a confidential chat.