- Posted 03 February 2023
- Salary£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineGeneral Insurance
Sales Operations Manager
Sales Operations Leader
London/ Hertfordshire - hybrid-working
Package: £60,000 - £80,000 + bonus and benefits including season ticket loan, generous pension contribution, life insurance and holiday buying/ selling
Do you enjoy being the glue that holds a sales team together? Are you skilled in ensuring delivery of sales plans and making sales teams successful? If so, this unique opening could offer you the opportunity to impart your knowledge and drive real growth in a well-respected insurance business.
IDEX have been exclusively retained by a mid-sized UK insurance Broker, who have created this new role to invest in their growing external sales team and maximise their results with major commercial insurance clients (paying £10k GWP+). The purpose of the Sales Operations Leader will be to remove obstacles in the sales process and fine-tune it so a higher degree of prospects convert into long-standing clients and more business is obtained from existing clients. This will involve working with the marketing and affinity partnerships teams as well as existing and new affinity partners. You will not be required to prospect your own clients; you will instead be targeted on the results of the team.
Key duties include:
- Line-management of a small but expanding team of Business Development Executives
- Working with the BDEs to create sales plans and ensure their delivery
- Working with the Divisional MDs to achieve new business budgets
- Ensuring the pipeline of opportunities is managed through the CRM
- Assisting create a new sales academy and developing new BDEs through this
- Identifying any blockers in the sales process and suggesting potential solutions
The team focus on a range of commercial insurance business including Commercial Combined, Commercial Property, Healthcare and Construction. Therefore knowledge of these insurance risks would be advantageous, but not essential and candidates may be considered from a High Net Worth insurance background and possibly even from another regulated industry. A background in external sales management for an insurance Broker or Insurer is highly desired and experience with corporate clients would make someone stand out. The ideal candidate will be target/ results driven, but also detail-oriented with strong organisation, influencing and motivating skills.
If you would like to find out more about this rare opportunity, get in touch to arrange a chat.